The Bridgewood community boundaries extend from Finch Avenue to Sheppard Avenue and Pharmacy Avenue to Warden.
The Bridlewood community was named in recognition of Harry Hatch’s horse farm. Mr. Hatch trained five King’s plate winners in the 1930′s and 1940′s. The large covered quarter mile racetrack was situated on the north-east corner of Sheppard and Pharmacy until it was demolished for the development of Bridlewood.
Most of the community is comprised of handsome homes on large lots with heavily treed winding streets. It has a strong sense of community. The area also includes townhouses and condominium apartments that are located in the north-east portion of the neighbourhood.
The Schools in this community are North Bridlewood Jr. Public School and Bridlewood Jr. Public School
The Bridlewood community is blessed with three parks and four churches. The Parks include North Bridlewood Park , Collingsbrook Parkette and Bridlewood Park . The Churches in this community are Bridlegrove Bible Chapel, St Pauls’ L’Amoreaux Anglican Church, The Bretheren in Christ Church and Warden Full Gospel Assembly Pentecostal.